Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. Mine has been enlightening and full of good change. Today, I’d like to share some ways to get the health information that most women seek whether it be by TV, books, or the web. The following are some of my personal faves.
TV Shows for Health
1. The Dr. Oz Show– Dr. Oz does a studio audience style program where he addresses medical issues with his knowledge, special guests, and the viewers. With his upbeat personality, Oz brings a new perspective to difficult health challenges; such as, weight loss, diabetes, fitness, and anti-aging protocols. (Check local listings for times and channels.) Also, visit doctoroz.com for more information and special features.
2. Though the Montel Williams Show ended this past year after 17 years, you can find past episodes on tv.com. This show was always one of my favorites for inspirational stories about real people. His daily “Living Well with Montel” segments are worth watching alone. He has since moved on to a web program and promoting several health products worth checking out as well.
3. If you are pregnant or know someone who is, check out The Discovery Health channel for reality programs that feature birth situations and information concerning pregnancy, labor, and bringing baby home. And for you House fans, you might enjoy Medical Mysteries. This show features segments on real-life cases that stumped doctors. Discover how these patients cope with their unknown conditions and finally find the answers they need.
Women’s Blogs to Love
1. Richelehenry.com– Follow health coach and sugar detox expert, Richele Henry as she helps you find your way beyond sugar addictions, overeating, and the diseases that can accompany them.
2. Fitmummy.com– Follow Holly Rigsby with daily fitness notes via email. She has a way of really motivating you to get the job done, even when it doesn’t seem possible. Check out her DVDs and books that focus on getting your figure back after babies and life have taken their toll on you.
Well, that’s it for This and That Tuesday. Please send me your favorite health/wellness or women’s blogs that you’d like to see featured here. We also are looking for great books on wellness and beauty to review as well. Thanks for your support, Ladies (and gentlemen)! Be well-be beautiful.
Photo by Tigreacy