1. Don’t wear flip-flops or mules when it’s raining; the flipping motion of the shoes will splatter the backs of your legs with water and whatever else in which you step. I never did this again after ruining a good pair of white pants.
2. Don’t sweat the little out-of-place hairs. Today’s natural-looking trends not only permit but even encourage styles that are not perfect. It’s okay to be a little un-done.
3. Do be attentive to how your significant other dresses when you go out. Purposely out dressing them is not cool. On the other hand, don’t let them out do you either. Instead, compliment each other with similar colors and styles. Harmony is good.
4. Do be a complimentary person. Those words of encouragement will come back to you when you need them. Hint: Just be sincere when you give someone your thumbs-up.
5. Do check out what the locals are wearing when you take a trip to another city. Chicago, NYC, LA, Dallas, Seattle, Miami, Paris, Milan, London, Tokyo, Sydney…Get traveling, ladies!
6. Do imagine yourself with great style and confidence whether you have them or not. Visualizing what you want will attract great things. Plus, it makes you feel good!
7. Do say goodbye, for now, to your trucker hats, newsboy caps, Uggs, butt-logoed pants, too-cute dresses, and blatant 70’s garb like the sweat band.
8. Don’t think it’s too early to plan for the upcoming fall trends. You can find super-discounted merchandise now if you know what to look for! Here’s a few 2009 fall trends to search those racks for:
Red, red, and more red.
Great belts to define your waist