Fashion Dos and Don’ts
1. Do add a little glitz to your usual work clothes; beaded skirt or cardigan, sequined scarf, or a rhinestone belt will do the trick. (Photo of Embellished Cardigan; available at Spiegel.com, $119).
2. Do buy an orange or hot pink purse to add a punch of color to any outfit.
3. Don’t overindulge in wearable animal prints. If you absolutely love them, try a throw pillow or afghan for your bedroom. Maybe that will satisfy your trip to the wild side.
4. Don’t forget about your shirt dress from a couple of seasons ago; it’s timeless.
5. Do wear Capri’s that hit at the right part of your calf. If they are too low, they look like short pants; too high, and they make you look short. Add some heeled sandals for an elongating affect.
6. Do be a little eclectic this season; mixing lace and military style jackets is more than okay.
7. Don’t pass up that over-sized necklace you keep thinking is “too much.” They were seen on models at New York’s fashion week.
8. Do the black and white thing; so cool for the month of May.
9. Do the Katie Holmes and sport a pair of slouchy trousers; also seen on the runway this season.
10. Don’t forsake your edgy rocker side; see something with zipper trim embellishments, buy it.
The fashion business is one that appeals to many women, especially if they have a keen eye …