1. Don’t forget that fit is more important than style. If you wear something because it’s your favorite color or it’s trendy, just remember to choose pieces that flatter your body type and really fit you well.
2. Do give your legs some color with a sunless tanning creme if you like shorts and minis. The sun is okay, just keep your exposure time to a minimum.
3. Do wear bathing suits that are simple in their cut and style. You will find them to be more flattering if they don’t have fringes, baubles, and shiny accessories dangling from the seams.
4. Do purchase some over-sized sunglasses; the confident look can take any outfit from ordinary to extraordinary!
5. Don’t pass up the coral and turquoise trend this summer. These bright, explosive colors can give your skin a beautiful glow and definitely get you noticed from across the room. Photo features Victoria’s Secret, Halter Bra Maxi Dress; Victoriassecret.com, $95.
6. Do try a little sparkle even if you are well beyond your 20’s. Choose one area to highlight like lips, lash line, or nails for a bit of glam without being juvenile.
7. Don’t think you have to have perfectly toned arms like Michelle Obama to wear sleeveless tops and dresses. Finding the best cut for your body type will give you added confidence while you get those guns in shape. Deep v-necks will elongate your torso and give the illusion of leaner arms. Color helps you look more fit, too.
8. Do try a hair shimmer product like Sebastian’s Trilliant; the multi-layer complex not only gives a nice sheen to top layers but it protects your locks from heat damage from styling tools. I love it! Available at fine hair salons like http://dchairlounge.com/.
9. Don’t wing your weight loss efforts. If you still need to lose a few pounds for the summer, plan out what you need to eat and the exercise you want to do. Weight loss experts say that women who pre-plan their meals and work outs lose more weight than other more carefree dieters.
10. Do add a fun, wide brimmed hat to your summer wardrobe. The style aspects are great as are the sun-blocking benefits.
"I make no excuses for my diverse roles as a Rock Your Feminine Type Coach™ and Branding Expert, best-selling author, and crime thriller novelist. Yes, I do still chuckle a bit at the irony. I kick ass as a women’s biz coach by day and kill off vulnerable fiction characters at night. What the hell, it makes for some interesting dreams. I believe that everyone should pursue their passions no matter how out there they seem to be. One of those pure heart-fluttering passions for me has always been writing. Since I did, indeed, chase my dream of being a writer, I've published two non-fiction books in the self-development genre, co-authored an international best seller, and now I'm finally pushing my much-too-old-to-be-in-the-nest novel out the door and into the world. My whole world is empowering and I adore showing others how to live life unfiltered, whether I do that through the written word or my coaching work. I love my job!" ~Kellie R. Stone