Feature Photo by WhiteBook
As we approach the end of the New You in 31 Days challenge and the 31 Day Blogging Challenge for me, I am overjoyed with my own personal results and sincerely hope you have enjoyed the content shared here this month. Today, is the perfect day to talk about some specific things to focus on while in the midst of a challenge or challenging situation: Focus for Success!
I realized that during the month I had small and fleeting moments of self-doubt about my challenge because I missed some days of posting. However, I did not allow myself to focus on those particular days but on the 23 days I did share with you beautiful ladies. I am human and not in complete control of circumstances in my life…just like us all. This challenge has taught me something about focus and how to use it to springboard to a greater success. It brings an old saying to mind: “Shoot for the stars, even if you miss, you will still hit the moon.” I feel like I accomplished just that this month. I would never have been able to do it without focus though.
What To Focus On
1. Your goal: Never lose sight of the end game. It will pull you through when things get difficult.
2. Your strengths: You know yourself better than anyone on the planet. Focusing on what you do best is the perfect way to launch into a new endeavor.
3. Surpassing a previous personal best: I believe we should never compare ourselves to others but only attempt to improve on our personal best in any situation.
4. People and Relationships: I believe focusing on people brings an energetic element to your goals. Think about how your success will affect others positively.
5. Accomplishing the smaller parts of the goal: Though you must know where it is you are going, it is also a good idea to watch where you step. Taking your focus off of the daily tasks could cause you to stumble. When we walk in the physical world, we usually alternate between looking out ahead and at our feet to keep balance and not fall. Success is achieved the same way.
I know there are more things to focus on while striving for new success, but i wanted to keep it concise today. Please add any ideas and practices to the comments that have helped you.
It is so important for us to not beat ourselves up when we aren’t always perfect!
Hi Laina! So glad you stopped by today! I agree, and it’s not always easy to do either. I’m learning a lot about that right now…