Achieving good health is not as easily accomplished as we all would want. Though making true lifestyle change is the way to go to ensure lasting results, I’ve put together another list of instant health boosters to get you moving in the right direction. These are things that you can do that don’t require a lot of thought or energy to be effective. Please pass this article on to other women who need it….who are we kidding? Everyone needs health!
1. Let it Rain – Spending just a few minutes out in the rain (or under the protection of your porch) in the negative ions (that by the way are uplifting) will help you to breathe in more oxygen.
The Health Boost: More oxygen in your system will bring a new elevation to your mood and give an increased ability to concentrate.
2. Purifying Skin Smoothie – Mash 1-2 blackberries, 3 Tbs. yogurt, 1 Tbs. honey, and 1 drop of vanilla extract to make a paste. Apply to a clean face with fingertips. Leave on 15 minutes, then remove with a damp washcloth. Rinse face with cool water and dry with a dark-colored towel.
The Health Boost: Blackberries potent antioxidants minimize free redical damage and signs of aging. They can also be quite calming after a stressful day.
3. Vitamin C Power – If you don’t already take a vitamin C supplement, start tomorrow. Research shows that just 1,ooo mg. daily can slow the release of corticosterone, a hormone that is in abundance when we are stressed.
The Health Boost: Less stress means a healthier heart and blood pressure. Not to mention, a happier home.
4. Shed a Few – Research shows that women who are at or near their ideal weight have a less chance of developing Ovarian Cancer. Extra estrogen is produced in fat and may encourage cancer growth.
The Health Boost: Losing a few pounds will give your body a reason to rejoice! Your heart doesn’t have to pump as hard to get the blood everywhere; you have more energy; they had me at the cancer thing.
5. Bring on the Vino – Some know that wine has long been considered a digestive aid. Well, in addition to that, doctors say that it’s bacteria-busting capabilities are far better than bismuth salicylate (a typical stomach remedy like Pepto-Bismol). Just 4 oz. a day can help protect you against food poisoning and flu bugs.
The Health Boost: If you have ever had food poisoning, you know what happens. It’s not something that you ever want; just drink the damn wine already.
6. Wear Shades for a Bright Future – Wearing sunglasses year round will help protect your retinas from the sun’s UV rays. Significant exposure can increase your chances of developing macular degeneration later in life.
The Health Boost: Better vision for longer. Need I say more.
***Keep in mind that these are just suggestions to give you a little extra in the health department. By no means is this information meant to replace the advice of your health care provider. Women’s Life Link, its authors, contributors, associates, commentors, or linked sites do not claim that any of the information stated in this article will cure or improve any disease or condition.
Photo by Gottabeagga