Gift-giving is something that many women enjoy. It’s about seeing a loved one’s face light up with excitement and making that ultimate connection! However, giving the perfect gift isn’t always easy, especially for those hard-to-buy-for people. It can be worse if you don’t really know the person that well or they don’t share much about what they like.
If you are currently looking ahead to the holiday season and are already wondering what to get for your friends and family, I recommend considering the following gift “types” that may help to narrow things down.
The Personal Gift
A personal gift is one that is designed to reflect something about the recipient; their loves, their interests, their experiences – anything that is unique to them and your connection. These gifts show how well you know the person, which can strengthen your relationship, and tend to be cherished.
- Items that reflect something they have experienced recently, such as a framed print of their most recent holiday photographs.
- Memorabilia for their favorite band, Broadway show, or similar inspirational figure.
- Items that are personalized with their name or image, such as embossed diaries, briefcases, and similar.
The Useful Gift
Many people shy away from useful gifts, believing that presents should have a novelty or lighthearted element – something different and above average. However, recipients tend to like useful gifts; after all, the idea of an aspect of our life becoming simpler is always attractive. It could also be they never thought of buying a particular item for themselves or noticed they needed it.
- Items that replace something that you know your loved one has recently lost or broken, such as a new lamp, wine glasses, cookware or a makeup mirror.
- You can also consider gifting items that you believe will be useful to the recipient based on your knowledge of them, such as a unique cane for older relatives or a cool new school bag for your younger niece.
- Items that your loved one has mentioned but maybe forgotten about.
The Novelty Gift
The only purpose a novelty gift needs to serve is that it brings joy or laughter to the recipient. However, they can have other benefits. For example, a game that can be played by the whole family brings a sense of togetherness and connection.
- Games are a great novelty gift; with options ranging from old favorites such as Twister to the more modern Cards Against Humanity
- Joke books, or books based on common online memes, work well for those who love humor
- Retro-inspired gifts have become a popular novelty choice, such as miniature versions of gumball machines, vintage posters, old toys, etc. People love to be reminded of fun things from their childhood
By focusing on the type of gift you would like to give, you should be able to streamline your thought process and find the perfect gift for everyone in your life. Good luck!