Well, we got another six inches of snow, the kids are out of school, and I’m getting loads of work done! With all this extra time, I wanted to share a few things with you today. First, Women’s Life Link received an award last week called Honest Scrap. I wanted to thank Gina at A Muse In My Pocket for bestowing this honor on us. This means I have to share 10 things about myself…honestly. So here it goes…
1. I change my hair color roughly every six months. Yesterday, I was blond; today, I’m not.
2. I own a cockatiel that is at least 18 years old.
4. I love to watch ghost hunting shows and secretly want to be on an investigation team. Well, I guess it’s no secret now!
5. I have a gift that allows me to interpret dreams (most of the time).
6. If my Missy Moo (toddler girl) walks out of the room and abandons Sesame Street for some other activity, I keep watching it. =}
7. I purposely did bad on an eye test when I was 12 so I could get glasses. Why? God only knows. Now, I’d do anything if I could see without them!
8. I have never received a speeding ticket or been involved in a car accident that was my fault.
9. I know how to use an acetylene torch, Mig welder, band saw, and a plasma cutter. Those flip-down masks are hot!
10. The sounds I hate the most are: a beeping IV that gets ignored by the nurse for WAY too long , cicada chatter, someone singing off key (it physically hurts me).
OK, I have shared my honest scrap; it’s your turn now! The following five bloggers are my picks to carry on the HONEST SCRAP legacy. Please accept this award with my appreciation for your genuine prose and character.1. Chic Critique 2. Scary Mommy 3. Mature Not Senile 4. Without Dash 5. Lizzy Dear’s Life
My Article at Time Finder’s Magazine
Please visit this wonderful online magazine for the latest inspiring articles written for women by women. My feature, Knowing Love, is in the Coast to Coast column.
A Quick Aromatherapy Tip
I wanted to share an aromatherapy trick that I’ve used for sometime now. Because I often get head-achy during regular house cleaning, I decided to try using some essential oils while I do my mommy tasks. For an uplifting or therapeutic effect, try adding a few drops of the oil of your choice to the filter or bag on your vacuum cleaner. This won’t hurt any mechanics of the machine as long as you keep it contained in those areas. The scent is let off as the air flows through the system. Instant aromatherapy treatment and all while you’re cleaning! I used some peppermint/eucalyptus yesterday while I did my upstairs carpet. It took the edge off of a nasty headache and gave me a boost of energy I desperately needed.
Thanks for visiting today!
Photo by Danceswithhuskies