As I’ve been researching various body systems and nutritional guidelines, I’ve discovered some disturbing things that most people (including me) have never even heard. It’s up to us to educate others, as it doesn’t seem like mainstream sources are too interested in revealing these secrets.
Did you know?
1. Consuming diet drinks that contain artificial sweeteners can be a cause of weight gain. Because the “sweet” taste notifies the brain that there is something sugary coming down the pipe, the appropriate chemicals are released, namely insulin, to assist in taking it where it needs to go. That part is good…it’s the fact that the brain has been duped that causes the problem. You see, it’s not really sugar; it’s something else entirely. So the insulin that’s been released has nothing to do but hang out and be useless. Hello fat!
2. If you have recently received a Thyroid hormone test, it may not mean your levels are good even though it was within normal range. This is one of those tests that puts everyone in the same boat when they shouldn’t be. What is good for another may not be good for you. Don’t be afraid to get more information about your specific test and diagnosis from your health care provider.
3. I’m REALLY upset about this one! Aspartame producer Ajinomoto chose to rebrand it under the name AminoSweet, to “remind the industry that aspartame tastes just like sugar, and that it’s made from amino acids – the building blocks of protein that are abundant in our diet.” Oh, but don’t forget that Aspertame (a neuro-toxin) is known to cause:
• Change in vision
• Convulsions and seizures
• Nausea and vomiting
• Joint pain
4. 85% of people are deficient in Vitamin D. Guess what? That probably means you. Researchers are finally discovering that our bodies have been left without the support that they need from this multi-purpose vitamin because of low dosage recommendations from the FDA. For more information read, Vitamin D: A Missing Link In Our Health.
5. When trying to decide which foods to buy organic, take a look at the “Dirty Dozen” (the twelve most contaminated fresh foods). Chances are we are all buying them regularly.
12 Most Contaminated Foods
- Sweet Bell Peppers
- Grapes (Imported)
Well, that’s are start. I will try to bring you some more of these little-known facts in the future. If you have any health tips or interesting discoveries, please share them in the comments.
Photo by Nosuperman
Resources: Organic.org; Mercola.com
Pingback: The Truth About Splenda | Women's Life Link