Fashion Dos and Don’ts
Kellie R. Stone
March 26, 2009
1. Do add a couple of frilly blouses to your wardrobe this season. It’s a girlie world this year!
2. Don’t hate me, but the center part and ponytails are both back in; so are the bob, bangs, and big volumous curls.
3. Do keep nails to a length just past your finger tips. “I can’t do that because I’ll break a nail” is no longer acceptable.
4. Do try bright lips; reds, reds, and more reds!
5. Do wear a guy like jacket with jeans for a comfy weekend look. Hint: you can wear your frilly blouse underneath.
6. Don’t pay full retail for all your clothes. Hit up ebay or the GW for some basics. There is also a personal bartering website called Commuto.com that lets you swap out your stuff for someone else’s.
7. Do wear this season’s in jewelry: the colored bauble; including, chunky necklaces, semiprecious gems, and, yes, granny’s costume jewelry.
8. Don’t forget to add those sunglasses to your spring wardrobe. Oversized aviators are hot and look good on almost everyone.
9. Do pay attention to what your back looks like in clothes.
10. Do mix up some funky patterns. Stripes, checks, plaids…it’s okay.
Makeup has become a staple in today’s beauty-obsessed culture, accounting for it being a daily …